The Time - The Time album
The Time is the 1981 debut album by The Time. The album proper was produced and arranged by Prince (using the moniker Jamie Starr) The Time produced three singles: "Get It Up", "Cool" and "Girl", with the first two charting within the top ten on the R&B charts. Cool" was covered by Snoop Dogg for his ninth album, Ego Trippin'.
The Time, also known as Morris Day and the Time and The Original 7ven, is an American musical group that was formed in Minneapolis in 1981. Their work has been a part of the formation of the Minneapolis sound, featuring a mix of soul music and dance music with funk, rock n roll, and more.
Band, Bass, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Terry Lewis. Band, Drums, Percussion – Jellybean Johnson. Band, Guitar, Vocals – Jesse Johnson. Band, Keyboards, Vocals – Jimmy Jam, Monte Moir. Band, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Morris Day. Engineer, Mixed By – Jamie Starr. Mastered By – Bernie Grundman. Wonderful album! Get it up/Cool/Girl! Killa funk, Prince and Morris Day at their best!
Russ Lee Why Words In Time Album Version. Russ Lee I Smile Words In Time Album Version. Russ Lee Free Fall Words In Time Album Version. Russ Lee Sooner Or Later Words In Time Album Version. 10 Years Now Is The Time (Ravenous) Album Version. Kenny Lattimore This Time of Year Album Version.
Time (Album Version) Benny Benassi presents The Biz. 4:41. Time Freak (Album Version) Alaska. Time Travel (Album Version) Pappenheimer. sun time album version inna s arat c ot nb ix musice et sebastian altstadt plantated malik mahur my renaissance baldy mike feat
Feelin' The Time Pass By Album Version. Love Gets Me Every Time.
|1||Get It Up||9:05|
|3||After Hi School||4:20|
- Published By – Tionna Music
- Band [The Time], Bass, Lead Vocals [Co-Lead], Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Terry Lewis
- Band [The Time], Drums, Percussion – Jellybean Johnson
- Band [The Time], Guitar, Vocals – Jesse Johnson
- Band [The Time], Keyboards, Vocals – Jimmy Jam, Monte Moir
- Band [The Time], Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Morris Day
- Engineer [Engineered], Mixed By – Jamie Starr
- Management [Personal Management] – Cavallo, Ruffalo & Fargnoli
- Mastered By [CDD Pre-Mastering] – WCI Record Group
- Mastered By [Originally Mastered By] – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By – Allen Beaulieu
- Producer – Jamie Starr, Morris Day
NotesStandard jewel case with 6-panel leporello insert
Originally released the summer of 1981
Additional background "Cool" done by various girlfriends
Recorded at Time Studio
Mixed at Hollywood Sound
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-23598-2
- Label Code: LC 0392
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Matrix / Runout: 923 598-2 SRC-02
- Mastering SID Code: none
- Mould SID Code: none
- Other (Distribution Code, France): WE 835
|BSK 3598||The Time||The Time (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3598||US||1981|
|P-11133||The Time||The Time (LP, Album, Promo)||Warner Bros. Records||P-11133||Japan||1981|
|3598-2||The Time||The Time (CD, Album, RE, Cin)||Warner Bros. Records||3598-2||US||Unknown|
|BSK 3598||The Time||The Time (LP, Album, Jac)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3598||US||1981|
|none||The Time||The Time (5xFile, MP3, Album, VBR)||Rhino Records , Warner Bros. Records||none||2007|