John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey - Dance Hall At Louse Point album
John Parish and Harvey performing live in 2009. Parish – whom Harvey describes as her "musical soulmate" – has been working with Harvey for over 20 years. Besides her own work, Harvey has also collaborated with a number of other artists. She collaborated with Egyptian artist Ramy Essam on "The Camp", a charity single released in June 2017 to benefit displaced children in the Lebanese Bekaa Valley fleeing the Syrian Civil Wa. .
John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey – Dance Hall At Louse Point. Label: Island Records – CIDX 8051, Island Records – 524 278-2, Island Records – CID 8051. Country: UK & Europe. Label: Island Records – ICT 8051 524 278-4. Format: Cassette, Album, Promo. Country: Netherlands.
Dance Hall at Louse Point. This song is by John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey and appears on the album Dance Hall at Louse Point (1996).
Album · 1996 · 12 Songs. Art-rock explorer Parish provides the music while Harvey writes and delivers the words on this spiky collaboration. Both are in a questing mood: channeling desire, deceit and salvation, Harvey runs the gamut from a manic whisper to inflamed wails while Parish whips up a maelstrom of detuned guitars ( Taut ) and discordant blues ( Rope Bridge Crossing ). Their artful abandon succeeds best on Civil War Correspondent, where Parish’s gauzy guitars complement rather than swamp Harvey’s rising despair and a haunting organ swirl. Dance Hall at Louse Point John Parish.
There was the bravado of 50 Ft. Queenie on Rid of Me, then the flamenco drama of To Bring You My Love. Now we’re supposed to think of Dance Hall at Louse Point as a collaborative project with t John Parish, a longtime scene-maker in Harvey’s hometown of Yeovil, England, in whose band, Automatic Dlamini, Harvey once played in her pre-PJ days . On Taut, the album’s winning burst of Sonic Youth-style noise, she moans and rumbles like a guitar stabbed with a screwdriver. Lyrically on Dance Hall at Louse Point, Harvey picks up where she left off on To Bring You My Love - more cryptic fables like scenes from a foreign film.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Rope Bridge Crossing||5:10|
|3||City Of No Sun||2:14|
|4||That Was My Veil||3:01|
|5||Urn With Dead Flowers In A Drained Pool||3:03|
|6||Civil War Correspondent||4:23|
|8||Un Cercle Autour Du Soleil||5:07|
|10||Is That All There Is?
Organ, Bass, Guitar [Additional] – Mick HarveyWritten-By – J. Leiber & M. Stoller*
|11||Dance Hall At Louse Point||2:10|
|12||Lost Fun Zone||1:27|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Ltd.
- Made By – PMDC, USA
- Recorded At – Small World Studios
- Mastered At – Loud Mastering
- Published By – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Published By – Almo Music Corp.
- Published By – Hot Head Music Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – Jerry Leiber Music
- Published By – Mike Stoller Music
- Artwork – ABA (Dublin)*
- Engineer – Head
- Engineer [Additional] – John Parish
- Management [Principle Management] – Paul McGuinness , Sheila Roche
- Mastered By – John Dent
- Music By – John Parish (tracks: 1 to 9, 11, 12)
- Performer [Music Played By] – John Parish
- Photography By – Maria Mochnacz
- Producer – John Parish, Mick Harvey (tracks: 10), Polly Jean Harvey*
- Vocals – Polly Jean Harvey*
- Words By – Polly Jean Harvey* (tracks: 1 to 9, 11, 12)
NotesIsland Records, Inc. A PolyGram Company.
℗ © 1996 Island Records Ltd.
Made & printed in the U.S.A.
Recorded at Small World, Yeovil between February 12th and March 10th 1996. Mastered at Loud.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 314-524278-2 3
- Barcode (Scanned): 731452427823
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 314 524 278-2 [email protected] B
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 314 524 278-2 [email protected] K
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): 314 524 278-2 [email protected] D
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1, 2, 3): IFPI L006
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0332
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0347
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0394
- Other (Mould; Variants 1, 2): MADE IN USA BY PMDC
- Rights Society: PRS
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
|314-524 278-2||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey*||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey* - Dance Hall At Louse Point (CD, Album, Club)||Island Records||314-524 278-2||US||1996|
|PRCD7274-2||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey*||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey* - Dance Hall At Louse Point (CD, Album, Promo)||Island Records||PRCD7274-2||US||1996|
|WT-473||John Parish & PJ Harvey||John Parish & PJ Harvey - Dance Hall At Louse Point (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Western Thunder Records||WT-473||Ukraine||1996|
|CID 8051/524 278-2||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey*||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey* - Dance Hall At Louse Point (CD, Album)||Island Records, Helicon Records||CID 8051/524 278-2||Israel||1996|
|314-524 278-2||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey*||John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey* - Dance Hall At Louse Point (CD, Album)||Island Records||314-524 278-2||Canada||1996|