Colvin & Earle - Colvin & Earle album
For the most part, Earle and Colvin sing as one, but for The Way That We Do, their vocals separate to describe a courtship told from two perspectives. There is reckless love, too – the upbeat pop number You Were On My Mind channels the anxiety of going through your day missing someone lost to time. There is already talk of a second album. Earle says he feels comfortable in this new setting and it all goes back to what he heard onstage almost two years ago. I genuinely became a fan of those two voices and wanted to write songs for them, he says.
More By Colvin & Earle. See All. Colvin & Earle. You're Right (I'm Wrong) - Single.
Shawn Colvin and Steve Earle’s paths first crossed at the iconic Iron Horse Music Hall in Northampton, Massachusetts, when she opened for Earle on one of his earliest solo tours. A deep friendship and mutual appreciation for each other’s work followed, with Colvin covering Earle’s restless anthem Someday, from his 1986 neo-traditionalist breakthrough album Guitar Town, on her 1994 LP Cover Girl. He signed on, and soon the idea of a collaborative album took shape: Colvin & Earle, released in June, is a collection of songs the two penned together and a few classic covers, including the Rolling Stones’ Ruby Tuesday and Emmylou Harris’s Raise the Dead. Colvin and Earle, in separate interviews, recently spoke with Rolling Stone Country about their new album and tour, the role of protest songs in their early careers and their different approaches to presidential politics.
we've improved your Playlist of the day and other smart playlists.
BPM Profile Colvin & Earle. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Shawn Colvin.
Album Colvin & Earle. Baby’s In Black Lyrics. I’ll be back in my due Baby’s back and I’m feeling Got me old what can I hope She brings it in.
|1||Come What May||3:11|
|5||The Way That We Do||4:20|
|6||Happy And Free||2:17|
|7||You Were On My Mind||2:56|
|8||You're Right (I'm Wrong)||4:13|
|9||Raise The Dead||2:51|
|10||You're Still Gone||3:41|
- Record Company – Universal International Music B.V.
- Copyright (c) – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Universal Cedarwood Publishing
- Copyright (c) – Salt Music
- Copyright (c) – Poodlebone Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Published By – Colvinsongs
- Published By – Exile On Jones St. Music
- Published By – Universal - Songs Of Polygram International, Inc.
- Published By – ABKCO Music, Inc.
- Published By – WB Music Corp.
- Published By – Salt Music
- Published By – Almo Music Corp.
- Published By – Poodlebone Music
- Published By – New West Independent Music Publishing
- Published By – My Blind Driver Music
- Published By – BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 53938369
- Mixed At – Club Roar
- Mastered At – Georgetown Masters
- Bass – Chris Wood , Kelley Looney (tracks: 8, 9)
- Coordinator [Production] – Kathi Whitley
- Design [Logo] – Timothy Hogan*
- Design [Package] – Carrie Smith
- Drums, Percussion – Fred Eltringham
- Engineer – Collin Dupuis
- Engineer [Assistant] – Stephanie Hamood
- Guitar – Richard Bennett
- Guitar, Harmonium – Buddy Miller
- Management [Shawn Colvin] – Jack Rovner, Ken Levitan, Lisa Arzt, Vector Management
- Management [Steve Earle] – Danny Goldberg, Gold Village Entertainment, Jesse Bauer
- Mastered By – Andrew Mendelson
- Mixed By – Collin Dupuis
- Photography By – Alexandra Valenti
- Producer – Buddy Miller
- Vocals, Guitar – Shawn Colvin
- Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin, Bouzouki, Mandocello, Harmonica – Steve Earle
- Written-By – Emmylou Harris (tracks: 9), Mick Jagger/Keith Richards* (tracks: 4), John D. Loudermilk (tracks: 3), Julie Miller (tracks: 10), Colvin* (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 10), Earle* (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 10), Sylvia Fricker (tracks: 7)
NotesReleased on cardboard gatefold digisleeve. Contains a 12-page booklet with lyrics.
℗ & © 2016 Concord Music Group, Inc.
Made in the EU.
Universal International Music B.V.
Tracks 1, 2, 5, 6, 8 published by Colvinsongs (ASCAP) / Exile on Jones St. Music (ASCAP).
Track 3 published by Universal-Songs of Polygram International, Inc. (BMI). Copyright © 1960 Universal Cedarwood Publishing.
Track 4 published by ABKCO Music, Inc. (BMI).
Track 7 published by WB Music Corp. obo Salt Music (ASCAP). © 1964 (renewed) Salt Music.
Track 9 published by Almo Music Corp. obo Poodlebone Music (ASCAP). © 1999 Poodlebone Music.
Tracks 10 published by Colvinsongs (ASCAP) / Exile on Jones St. Music (ASCAP) / New West Independent Music Publishing / My Blind Driver Music (BMI). Administered by BMG Rights Management (US) LLC.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 8 88072 38974 8
- Barcode (Scanned): 888072389748
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
- Label Code: LC 15025
- Matrix / Runout: [4 x Universal logo] 08880 723 897-4 01 + 53938369
- Other: MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0139
|FAN-39150-01||Colvin* & Earle*||Colvin* & Earle* - Colvin & Earle (LP, Album)||Fantasy||FAN-39150-01||US||2016|
|FAN-39674-02||Colvin* & Earle*||Colvin* & Earle* - Colvin & Earle (CD, Album, Dlx)||Fantasy||FAN-39674-02||US||2016|
|FAN-38974-02||Colvin* & Earle*||Colvin* & Earle* - Colvin & Earle (CD, Album, Promo)||Fantasy||FAN-38974-02||US||2016|
|0888072391505||Colvin* & Earle*||Colvin* & Earle* - Colvin & Earle (LP, Album)||Fantasy||0888072391505||Europe||2016|
|FAN-38974-02||Colvin* & Earle*||Colvin* & Earle* - Colvin & Earle (CD, Album)||Fantasy||FAN-38974-02||US||2016|