The Beach Boys - Keepin' The Summer Alive album
Keepin' the Summer Alive is the 24th studio album by American rock band the Beach Boys, released on March 24, 1980, on Brother, Caribou and CBS Records. Produced by band member Bruce Johnston, following aborted attempts to have founding member Brian Wilson return to his former role, the album is the last with founding drummer Dennis Wilson, who would drown in December 1983. The album also features the Eagles' guitarist Joe Walsh on the opening track "Keepin' the Summer Alive".
Released in March 1980, "Keepin' the Summer Alive" is the twenty-fourth studio album by The Beach Boys, their first released in the 1980s, and their second release under their contract with CBS Records. The band took a small break to re-think the project, with Bruce Johnston taking complete control of the album's production, and placing the songs in a more g context. This would become the last Beach Boys album to feature Dennis Wilson, who died in 1983. Single releases from the LP were "Goin' On" b/w "Endless Harmony" (Brother/Caribou) and "Livin' With A Heartache" b/w "Santa Ana Winds" (Brother/Caribou).
By the end of the '70s, the Beach Boys were turning into a novelty act with their live shows and spewing forth easily forgettable records. One would have hoped that with the emergence of a new decade the group would have adapted a fresh outlook and returned to its former levels of creativity. They did adapt a new way of looking at things, but it just wasn't the right one. Keepin' the Summer Alive isn't just a low point of the band's career, it is the low point.
Band Name The Beach Boys. Album Name Keepin' the Summer Alive. Data wpisu Marzec 1980. Wydawcy CBS Records Brother Records Caribou. Styl muzycznySurf Rock. Zarejestrowanych posiada ten album4. 1. Keepin' the Summer Alive. 3. Some of Your Love.
Keepin' the Summer Alive is the 24th studio album by American rock band the Beach Boys, released on March 24, 1980, on Brother, Caribou and CBS Records. The album peaked at No. 75 in the US and No. 54 in the UK. Contents.
|A1||Keepin' The Summer Alive||3:43|
|A3||Some Of Your Love||2:35|
|A4||Livin' With A Heartache||4:05|
|A5||School Day (Ring! Ring! Goes The Bell)||2:53|
|B3||When Girls Get Together||3:31|
|B4||Santa Ana Winds||3:13|
- Manufactured By – CBS/Sony Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Brother Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Distributed By – CBS Inc.
- Recorded At – Rumbo Recorders
- Recorded At – Jardines Barn
- Recorded At – Western Records
- Lacquer Cut At – Kendun Recorders
- Arranged By [Arranger (horns)] – Bob Alcivar
- Arranged By [Arranger (strings)] – Harry Betts
- Art Direction – Tony Lane
- Crew [Beach Boys Road Crew, Road Manager] – Jason Raphalian
- Crew [Beach Boys Road Crew, Road Sound] – Randy Barner
- Crew [Beach Boys Road Crew] – Ray Upton
- Engineer – Chuck Britz, Chuck Leary, Rodney Pearson
- Engineer [Chief Engineer, Mixer] – Steve Desper*
- Engineer [Second Engineer] – Brian Behrns
- Illustration – John Alvin
- Lighting [Beach Boys Road Crew] – Greg Hamm
- Management – Jerry Schilling Management
- Performer [Musician] – Al Jardine*, Bill House, Billy Walker*, Brian Wilson, Bruce Johnston, Brian Garafalo*, Caleb Quaye, Carl Wilson, Chuck Findley, Daryl Dragon, Dennis Wilson , Dick Hyde, Efrain Toro, Gary Mallaber, Igor Horoshevsky, Joe Walsh, Joel Peskin, John Hobbs, Mike Meros, Ray Armando, Ricci Martin, Ricky Fataar, Scott Mathews, Steve Douglas, Steve Forman, Steve Ross , Vince Charles
- Photography By – Gary Nichamin
- Producer – Bruce Johnston
- Written-By – A. Jardine* (tracks: B4), B. Wilson* (tracks: A2, A3, B1 to B4), B. Johnston* (tracks: B5), C. Wilson* (tracks: A1, A4), C. Berry* (tracks: A5), M. Love* (tracks: A2, A3, B1 to B3), R. Bachman* (tracks: A1, A4)
Notes1983 Japanese reissue as part of CBS/Sony's "Sailing Summer '83" campaign.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Price Code: ¥2,000
- Rights Society: JASRAC
|FZ 36283, 36283||The Beach Boys||Keepin' The Summer Alive (LP, Album, Pit)||Caribou Records, Caribou Records||FZ 36283, 36283||US||1980|
|FZT 36283||The Beach Boys||Keepin' The Summer Alive (Cass)||Columbia||FZT 36283||Canada||1980|
|468350 2||The Beach Boys||Keepin' The Summer Alive (CD, RE, RM)||Epic, Brother Records , Caribou Records||468350 2||Netherlands||1991|
|FZ 36283||The Beach Boys||Keepin' The Summer Alive (LP, Album)||Caribou Records||FZ 36283||Canada||1980|
|FZ 36283, 36283||The Beach Boys||Keepin' The Summer Alive (LP, Album)||Caribou Records, Caribou Records||FZ 36283, 36283||US||1980|