Associates - Sulk album
Sulk is the second studio album by Scottish pop band The Associates. It was released on 14 May 1982 on their own Associates imprint of Beggars Banquet Records for the UK and throughout the rest of Europe on WEA Records and in the US on 4 October by Sire Records. It stayed in the UK Albums Chart for 20 weeks, reaching number 10, and it was crowned the album of the year by UK music magazine Melody Maker
Sulk (CD, Album, RE, RM + CD, RM + Promo). Beggars Banquet, Associates. 240 005-2, 2292-40005-2. Sulk (CD, Album, RE). WEA, WEA.
Sulk – his final album with Rankine and thus as The Associates as we know them – would perhaps be his ultimate legacy, an album as multi-layered, stylish and at times eccentric as he was. In the grey gloom of the bleak 80’s landscape, Sulk was a ray of light which stands the test of time today. Watch No from the album here: ~ All words by Amy Britton.
Album · 1982 · 23 Songs. 2016 The Estate of the late Billy Mackenzie, Alan Rankine and Michael Dempsey (The Associates) under exclusive licence to Union Square Music Limited, a BMG Company. More By The Associates.
Associates' Sulk is probably the masterpiece of the era, an album that on one hand was perfect pop, and on the other wildly experimental. This reissue is as wonderful as it could be- as with The Affectionate Punch (1980), later versions of this were altered/remodelled (White Car in Germany turned up & Nude Spoons was nixed)
Tore my hair out from the roots Planted them in someone's garden Then I waited for the shoots Then I waited for the shoots Bit my nails down to the quick Worrying myself sick about you Tearing facial marks in bed What kind of sequel is this that you dread Tear a strip from your dress Wrap my arms in it Tear.
Слушайте Sulk от The Associates на Deezer. Благодаря потоковой трансляции музыки на Deezer вы можете слушать более 53 млн треков, создавать свои плейлисты и делиться любимыми песнями с друзьями. The Associates 14-05-1982. Общая длительность:1 h 38 min. 01.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Arrogance Gave Him Up||3:01|
|3||Bap De La Bap||4:18|
Written-By – Seress*, Lewis*
|6||It's Better This Way||3:29|
|7||Party Fears Two||5:12|
Producer – Mark ArthurworreyWritten-By – McLeod*, Sawyer*
|12||18 Carat Love Affair||3:40|
|14||And Then I Read A Book||4:26|
|17||The Room We Sat In Before
Producer – Chris Parry
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – V2 Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Situation Two
- Copyright (c) – Beggars Banquet Records Ltd.
- Glass Mastered At – Sonopress – A-50861
- Distributed By – 3MV
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Distributed By – Zomba Distribution
- Distributed By – Pias
- Distributed By – Record Services
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Distributed By – V2 Distribution
- Distributed By – Universal Music
- Distributed By – MNW
- Distributed By – Zomba Records Switzerland
- Backing Vocals, Keyboards – Martha Ladly (tracks: 9, 11, 12)
- Bass – Michael Dempsey
- Compiled By, Coordinator [Co-ordinated By], Remastered By [Digitally Remastered By] – Michael Dempsey
- Drums – John Murphy
- Instruments – Alan Rankine
- Liner Notes – Tom Doyle
- Photography By – Peter Ashworth
- Producer – Mike Hedges (tracks: 1 to 10, 12 to 16), Associates*
- Sleeve [Original] – Alan Macdonald , Associates*
- Vocals – Billy Mackenzie
- Written-By – Rankine* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 10, 12 to 17), Mackenzie* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 10, 12 to 17), Dempsey* (tracks: 9)
NotesThis reissue is dedicated to the MacKenzie family.
℗ 2000 V2 Music Limited . © 1982 Situation 2/Beggars Banquet Records Limited. The copyright in this sound recording and artwork is owned by V2 Records Limited.
Digitally remastered reissue of original 1982 UK release of Sulk, plus 5 bonus tracks from the same period.
This reissue includes the 4:48 edit of Club Country instead of the 5:32 version featured on the original UK LP.
V2 Distribution: U.K - 3MV/Pinnacle. Germany/Asutria - Zomba Distribution a division of Zomba Records GmbH. Benelux - P.I.A.S.. Eire - Record Services. France - Sony Music. Greece V2. Italy - Universal Music. Scandinavia - MNW. CH - Zomba Records Switzerland
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 033197 120126 >
- Label Code: LC01801
- Rights Society: BIEM / MCPS
- Matrix / Runout: Sonopress A-50861/VVR1012012 A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB 46
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0761
- Other (Distribution Code): CB801
|ASCL 1||Associates*||Sulk (LP, Album)||Associates, Beggars Banquet||ASCL 1||UK||1982|
|BMGCAT2CD53A||Associates*||Sulk (CD, Album, RE, RM + CD, RM + Promo)||BMG||BMGCAT2CD53A||UK||2016|
|BEG K 58461, ascl1||Associates*||Sulk (LP, Album)||Beggars Banquet, Associates||BEG K 58461, ascl1||Germany||1982|
|240 005-2, 2292-40005-2||Associates*||Sulk (CD, Album, RE)||WEA, WEA||240 005-2, 2292-40005-2||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|23727-4||The Associates||Sulk (Cass, Album, Promo)||Sire||23727-4||US||1982|