Robert Forster - The Evangelist album
The Evangelist is the fifth solo album by Australian singer-songwriter Robert Forster, released by YepRoc in 2008. Following the 1989 break-up of the Go-Betweens, the band he had formed at college in 1978 with his friend Grant McLennan, Robert Forster embarked on a solo career, releasing four albums under his own name between 1990 and 1996.
Robert Forster - The Evangelist (2008). Songs in album Robert Forster - The Evangelist (2008).
The Evangelist is the fifth solo album by Australian singer-songwriter Robert Forster, released by YepRoc in 2008. In 2000, the Go-Betweens reunited and went on to record the albums The Friends of Rachel Worth (2000), Bright Yellow Bright Orange (2003) and Oceans Apart (2005). com/The Evangelist (Robert Forster album).
Robert Forster – The Evangelist". Retrieved 2 December 2015. For his debut album, Danger in the Past, Forster was backed on vocals by Karin Bäumler of German pop group. In the early 1990s Forster and Bäumler were married, the couple have two children, Robert Derwent Garth Forster was born on 29 June 1957 and grew up in Brisbane. His father was a fitter and turner and his mother taught physical education and he attended Brisbane Grammar School in Spring Hill where he started to learn guitar and wrote poetry.
The Evangelist by singer and songwriter Robert Forster is his first solo recording in 11 years. It may not be a record he ever planned to make at all after the unexpected death of Grant McLennan, his collaborator for over 25 years in the Go Betweens. The band had released and was on tour for Oceans Apart, a masterpiece surpassed only by 16 Lovers Lane, if at all. Forster and McLennan had begun writing a new Go Betweens album in 2006, when McLennan passed away in his sleep from natural causes just shy of his 47th birthday.
Robert Foster - Let Your Light In Babe. Robert Foster - Did She Overtake You. Robert Foster - If It Rains. Robert Foster - It Ain't Easy. Robert Foster - From Ghost Town.
Robert Forster's first solo album in 12 years, his first after the untimely death of his fellow Go-Between Grant McLennan, begins with If It Rains, a song that shimmers with the same kind of exquisite sadness their much-loved band captured in their nine albums together. And when the soft guitars of Forster and McLennan's last joint composition, Demon Days, quickly follow it, the prospect of The Evangelist being a mournful masterpiece is all too gloriously likely
Robert Forster – The Evangelist. In an essay he wrote after the sudden death of Grant McLennan in 2006, Robert Forster noted that popular opinion about the Go-Betweens was wrong. Forster – usually viewed as the more bohemian of the two – was known by McLennan as the Strategist. McLennan – seen as the steady one – was the dreamer. These terms are relative, of course. Forster notes that McLennan lived so much in the moment that he (Forster) could appear visionary merely by thinking about tomorrow
Complete your Robert Forster collection. The Evangelist (CD, Album). The Evangelist (CD, Album, Dig).
|1||If It Rains||3:47|
|4||Did She Overtake You||3:24|
|6||Let Your Light In, Babe||4:44|
|7||A Place To Hide Away||2:33|
|8||Don't Touch Anything||4:09|
|9||It Ain't Easy||3:29|
|10||From Ghost Town||5:42|
- Licensed To – EMI Music Australia Pty. Limited
- Manufactured By – EMI Music Australia Pty. Limited
- Distributed By – EMI Music Australia Pty. Limited
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Tag5
- Copyright (c) – Tag5
- Recorded At – Good Luck Studios
- Recorded At – The White Room, Brisbane, Australia
- Produced At – Good Luck Studios
- Mixed At – Good Luck Studios
- Manufactured By – Regency Media – 109349.1
- Arranged By [Quartet String Arrangements] – Adele Pickvance
- Celesta, Piano, Organ [Hammond], Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – Seamus Beaghen
- Cello – Audrey Riley
- Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals – Glenn Thompson
- Electric Bass, Contrabass, Mandolin, Sounds [Found Sounds], Organ [Mini-moog], Vocals – Adele Pickvance
- Mastered By – John Dent
- Photography – Andy Gotts
- Producer, Mixed By – Dave Ruffy*, Mark Wallis
- Recorded By – Dave Ruffy* (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10), Mark Wallis (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10), Neil Coombe
- Violin – Chris Tombling, Gill Morley, Greg Warren Wilson, Sue Dench
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Nylon], Electric Guitar, Piano, Keyboards [Casio], Harmonica – Robert Forster
NotesReleased in a Digipak.
Recorded, produced and mixed at Good Luck Studios, London, September - November 2007.
Except "A Place To Hide Away" recorded at The White Room, Mt Nebo, April 2007.
© and ℗ 2008 Tag5 Licensed exclusively to EMI Music Australia Pty Limited.
Manufactured and Distributed by EMI Music Australia Pty Limited. Printed in Australia.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5099921212628
- Matrix / Runout: REGENCY MEDIA 109349.1 2121262 P53745
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LN96
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 6Z07
|TAG011||Robert Forster||The Evangelist (CD, Album, Dig)||Tag 5 Records||TAG011||UK||2008|
|CD YEP 2186||Robert Forster||The Evangelist (CD, Album, Dig)||Yep Roc Records||CD YEP 2186||US||2008|
|TIN 01701 1||Robert Forster||The Evangelist (LP, Album)||Tuition||TIN 01701 1||UK||2008|
|TIN 0170 2||Robert Forster||The Evangelist (CD, Album, Dig)||Tuition||TIN 0170 2||Europe||2008|
|TIN 01701 1||Robert Forster||The Evangelist (LP, Album)||Tuition||TIN 01701 1||Europe||2008|