Volker Kriegel - Spectrum album
Guitar, Sitar, Producer, Composed By – Volker Kriegel. Liner Notes – Manfred Miller. Spectrum (LP, Album, RP). MPS Records, BASF. 21 20874-5, 0654 806.
By 1971, when he released his second offering as a leader, guitarist Volker Kriegel was already established on Germany's jazz-rock scene as a monster player, courtesy of his membership in the Dave Pike Set. Before joining that band, Kriegel had been known as a formidable jazz talent since his teenage years with vibraphonists Fritz Hartschuh and Claudio Szenkar. Spectrum was issued by MPS, the visionary label that issued groundbreaking recordings by everyone from Oscar Peterson and Monty Alexander to George Duke and Peter Herbolzheimer.
Album · 1970 · 7 Songs. Volker Kriegel: Das Beste aus den Achtzigern.
Volker Kriegel (24 December 1943 – 15 June 2003) was a German jazz guitarist and founding member of the United Jazz + Rock Ensemble. A self-taught guitarist, Kriegel began playing when he was fifteen and formed a trio three years later that won an award at an amateur jazz festival in 1963. He pursued sociology in school with Theodor Adorno but left to play in a band with Albert and Emil Mangelsdorff in Frankfurt
Spectrum Volker Kriegel. This album has an average beat per minute of 105 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 56/154 BPM).
Volker Kriegel & SpectrumJanuary 31, 2014. Jazz℗ 2014 Edel Germany GmbH. Listen to this album and millions more.
Spectrum is a music studio album recording by VOLKER KRIEGEL (Jazz ive Rock) released in 1971 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Spectrum Indie Europe/Zoom 2009.
|A2||So Long, For Now||3:55|
|A3||More About D||9:14|
|B1||Suspicious Child, Growing Up||4:00|
- Recorded At – MPS-Studio, Villingen
- Record Company – MPS Records GmbH
- Licensed To – EMI Holland
- Made By – Delta B.V.
- Pressed By – EMI-Bovema N.V. – 34543
- Pressed By – EMI-Bovema N.V. – 34544
- Artwork [Reverse Side] – Anja Kriegel
- Bass, Electric Bass, Cello – Peter Trunk
- Design, Photography By [Cover Photo] – Volker Hartmann
- Drums, Percussion – Peter Baumeister
- Electric Piano [Electra-piano] – John Taylor
- Engineer [Recording] – Rolf Donner
- Guitar, Sitar, Producer, Composed By – Volker Kriegel
- Liner Notes – Manfred Miller
- Percussion – Cees See
- Recording Supervisor [Recording Director] – Hans-Georg Brunner-Schwer*
- Translated By [Liner Notes] – Gisella Miller*
NotesRecorded at MPS-Tonstudio, Villingen, February 1st and 2nd 1971
Aufnahme: MPS-Records GmbH, Villingen.
Made by DELTA B.V. Haarlem-Holland.
Release date due to the pressing plant code either very late in 1977 or early 1978.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code: LC 0979
- Rights Society: STEMRA
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Label): 5D 064-60179-A
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Label): 5D 064-60179-B
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side Runout Etching): - 5D064-60179-A//34543-2-7 - - CP 1
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side Runout Etching): - 5D064-60179-B//34544-2-Y - 1
|CRM 874, 0654 806||Volker Kriegel||Spectrum (LP, Album)||MPS Records, BASF||CRM 874, 0654 806||Germany||1971|
|21 20874-5, 0654 806||Volker Kriegel||Spectrum (LP, Album, RP)||MPS Records, BASF||21 20874-5, 0654 806||Germany||Unknown|
|0212414MSW||Volker Kriegel||Spectrum (LP, Album, RE, RM, 180)||MPS Records||0212414MSW||Germany||2017|
|68.034, 15.301||Volker Kriegel||Spectrum (LP, Album, RE)||MPS Records, MPS Records||68.034, 15.301||Germany||1977|
|21 20874-5||Volker Kriegel||Spectrum (LP, Album, RP)||MPS Records, BASF||21 20874-5||Germany||Unknown|