James Brown - In The Jungle Groove album
First album issue (with overdubbed audience): King LP-1115, September 1970. Track B2 recorded August 16th 1970, Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida. Previously Unreleased) Track C1 recorded October 1st 1970, Bobby Smith Studios, Macon, Georgia.
Funky Drummer (prevously unissued on album) (1969) (Brown) – 9:16. Give It Up or Turnit a Loose (Remix) (1970) (Charles Bobbit) – 6:12. I Got to Move (1970) (Brown) – 7:18. Talkin' Loud and Sayin' Nothing (Remix) (1970) (Brown, Bobby Byrd) – 7:45. Get Up, Get into It, Get Involved (Mono) (1970) (Brown, Byrd, Lenhoff) – 7:08. Hot Pants (She Got to Use What She Got to Get What She Wants) (1971) (Brown) – 8:44.
Bootleg re-issue of the original album. Matrix, Runout (Side A Etching): JUNGLEGROOVE-A.
In the Jungle Groove. The album's title is taken from a song Brown recorded in the studio in August 1970. The full recording of the song "In the Jungle Groove" remains unissued; however, on the album its introduction is appended to the beginning of "I Got to Move", another previously unreleased song recorded at the same session. greatest albums of all time.
Listen to In the Jungle Groove by James Brown on Deezer. Writer: James Brown - Bobby Byrd - Ronald Lenhoff, Composers: James Brown - Bobby Byrd - Ronald Lenhoff. While the first few numbers here feature Brown sidemen who were in on his mid-'60s hits, the majority feature the original . s outfit that helped the singer forge several extended and funk-defining sides during 1970. Faced with a walkout by his old band, Brown partially formed the .
05 - Funky Drummer (Bonus Beat Reprise). James Brown - In The Jungle Groove.
In stock now for same day shipping. In The Jungle Groove. 100% Secure Shopping. Best music store: 5 time winners. Help & Information.
In the Jungle Groove (1986). Album by James Brown. Funky Drummer (Bonus Beat Reprise). was sampled in. Get Down by Nas (2002).
|1||It's A New Day||6:15|
|3||Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose (Remix)||6:09|
|4||I Got To Move||7:12|
|5||Funky Drummer (Bonus Beat Reprise)||2:54|
|6||Talkin' Loud & Sayin' Nothing (Remix)||7:40|
|7||Get Up, Get Into It And Get Involved||7:05|
|8||Soul Power (Re-Edit)||8:07|
|9||Hot Pants (She Got To Use What She Got To Get What He Wants)||8:42|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – King Studios
- Recorded At – Criteria Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Bobby Smith Studios
- Recorded At – Rodel Studios
- Pressed By – PDO, Germany
- Printed By – H.O. Persiehl
- Bass – 'Sweet Charles' Sherrell* (tracks: 1, 2), Fred Thomas (tracks: 9), William 'Bootsy' Collins* (tracks: 3, 4, 6 to 8)
- Congas – Art Lopez (tracks: 1), Johnny Griggs (tracks: 3, 4, 6 to 8)
- Drums – Clyde Stubblefield (tracks: 2 to 4, 6, 7), John 'Jabo' Starks* (tracks: 8, 9), Melvin Parker (tracks: 1)
- Guitar – Alphonso 'Country' Kellum* (tracks: 1, 2), Bobby Roach (tracks: 8), Hearlon 'Cheese' Martin* (tracks: 6, 7, 9), Jimmy 'Chank' Nolen* (tracks: 1, 2), Phelps 'Catfish' Collins* (tracks: 3, 4, 6 to 9), Robert Coleman (tracks: 9)
- Horns, Baritone Saxophone [Baritone Sax] – Louis Tilford (tracks: 2), St. Clair Pinckney* (tracks: 1, 6, 7)
- Horns, Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax] – L.D."Eldee" Williams* (tracks: 1, 2), Maceo Parker (tracks: 1, 2), Robert McCollough* (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 7), St. Clair Pinckney* (tracks: 8, 9)
- Horns, Trombone – Fred Wesley (tracks: 2, 8, 9)
- Horns, Trumpet – Clayton 'Chicken' Gunnells* (tracks: 3, 4, 6, 8), Darryl 'Hasaan' Jamison* (tracks: 3, 4, 6, to 8), Jerone 'Jasaan' Melson* (tracks: 7, 9), Joe Davis* (tracks: 2), Richard 'Kush' Griffeth* (tracks: 2), Russell Crimes (tracks: 9)
- Organ – Bobby Byrd (tracks: 3, 4, 6), James Brown (tracks: 2)
- Performer – The J.B.'s (tracks: 3 to 9), The James Brown Band (tracks: 1, 2)
- Performer, Vocals [Vocal], Producer [Original Sessions] – James Brown
- Reissue Producer – Tim Rogers
- Reissue Producer, Liner Notes – Cliff White
- Vocals – Bobby Byrd (tracks: 6 to 8)
- Written-By – Bobby Byrd (tracks: 6, 7), Charles Bobbit (tracks: 3), James Brown (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6 to 9), Ron Lenhoff (tracks: 7)
over 60 minutes of music
[printed in white, elsewhere the line may printed in red or is absent]
Back tray insert:
This compilation ℗ 1986 PolyGram Records, Inc. © 1986 PolyGram Records, Inc.
Printed in W. Germany.
Track 4 is 'Previously Unreleased' and tracks 7 + 8 are Mono
℗ 1986 PolyGram Records, Inc., USA
Made in W.-Germany by PolyGram
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 422-82924-2 3
- Label Code: LC 0309
- Price Code: POL 900
- Barcode: AAD
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Matrix / Runout: 829 624-2 01 #
- Matrix / Runout (Mould text): MADE IN W.GERMANY BY PDO
- Mastering SID Code: none
- Mould SID Code: none
|829 624-1 Y-2, 422-829-624-1 Y2||James Brown||In The Jungle Groove (2xLP, Comp, RM)||Polydor, Polydor||829 624-1 Y-2, 422-829-624-1 Y2||US||1986|
|URBDC 11, 829 624-1 Y-2||James Brown||In The Jungle Groove (Cass, Album)||Urban , Polydor||URBDC 11, 829 624-1 Y-2||UK||1986|
|829 624-1 Y||James Brown||In The Jungle Groove (2xLP, Album)||Polydor||829 624-1 Y||Netherlands||1986|
|829 624-2||James Brown||In The Jungle Groove (CD, Comp, Mono, RE, RP)||Polydor||829 624-2||Europe||Unknown|
|0044007617328||James Brown||In The Jungle Groove (CD, Comp, RM, RP)||Polydor||0044007617328||Europe||2009|