Powderfinger - Internationalist album
Internationalist is the third studio album by Australian alternative rock band Powderfinger. The album was released on 7 September 1998 and was often labelled Powderfinger's most adventurous work, with greater experimentation than in previous works. Internationalist followed in the success of its predecessor, Double Allergic, and was certified five times platinum in Australia. Internationalist received four ARIA Music Awards, including "Album of the Year".
Internationalist is Powderfinger’s 3rd album, released in 1998. The album features 13 tracks with Passenger being the most popular by far. Internationalist Q&A. More Powderfinger albums. Dream Days at the Hotel Existence. Show all albums by Powderfinger.
Band Name Powderfinger. Album Name Internationalist. Released date 07 September 1998. Music StyleIndie Rock. Members owning this album1.
Powderfinger lyrics - 85 song lyrics sorted by album, including "(Baby I've Got You) On My Mind", "My Happiness", "These Days". album: "Internationalist" (1998). Hindley Street Belter The Day You Come Already Gone Passenger Don't Wanna Be Left Out Good-Day Ray Trading Places Private Man Celebrity Head Over My Head Capoicity Lemon Sunrise. album: "Odyssey Number Five" (2001). Waiting For The Sun My Happiness The Metre Like A Dog Odyssey Up & Down & Back Again My Kind Of Scene These Days We Should Be Together Now Thrilloilogy Whatever Makes You Happy. album: "Vulture Street" (2003).
Powderfinger - The White Album. This would have been an appropriate title for this sterling effort from the Aussie darlings of pop-rock. You see, much like The Beatles classic, it's considered by many to be their most essential purchase. It takes all of their traits, and throws them together in a colourful blend of musical goodness. Internationalist is the album that screams this idea. They're letting go to an extent and just making great music, irrespective of making sales or taking themselves too seriously. Many consider this to be the essential Powderfinger record, and with so much colour and variety crammed into a neat little package, they've got a good case.
|3||The Day You Come||4:01|
|6||Don't Wanna Be Left Out||2:12|
|11||Over My Head||1:37|
- Pressed By – PMI
- Marketed By – PolyGram
- Recorded At – Sing Sing Studios
- Mixed At – Sing Sing Studios
- Produced At – Sing Sing Studios
- Mastered At – EMI Studios 301
- Arranged By [Horns] – Powderfinger (tracks: 8, 10), Tony Lofts (tracks: 5, 8, 10)
- Artwork By – Kevin Wilkins
- Backing Vocals – Amy Saunders (tracks: 1, 5), Lou Bennett (tracks: 1, 5), Sally Dastey (tracks: 1, 5)
- Baritone Saxophone – Martin Zakharov (tracks: 5, 8, 10)
- Bass – John Collins
- Cello – Gareth Skinner (tracks: 8)
- Drums – Jon Coghill
- Flugelhorn – Tony Lofts (tracks: 5, 8, 10)
- Flute – Martin Zakharov (tracks: 5, 8, 10)
- Guitar – Bernard Fanning, Darren Middleton, Ian Haug
- Handclaps – Ian Haug, Jon Coghill
- Keyboards – Bernard Fanning, Darren Middleton
- Mastered By – Don Bartley
- Mixed By – Nick DiDia
- Organ – John Collins
- Photography – Sophie Howarth
- Piano – Bernard Fanning, Darren Middleton
- Producer – Nick DiDia (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 13)
- Recorded By – Lachlan Goold (tracks: 3), Nick Didia (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 13)
- Recorded By [All Recordings At Sing Sing Assisted By] – Dave 'Double Dave' Davis*
- Tenor Saxophone – Martin Zakharov (tracks: 5, 8, 10)
- Trombone – Andrew Hammond (tracks: 5, 8, 10)
- Trumpet – Tony Lofts (tracks: 5, 8, 10)
- Violin – Michelle Lewitt (tracks: 8)
- Vocals – Bernard Fanning, Darren Middleton
- Written-By – Fanning* (tracks: 1 to 10, 12, 13), Middleton* (tracks: 6, 11, 13), Coghill* (tracks: 7), Powderfinger (tracks: 1 to 10, 12, 13)
NotesDisc states - Marketed in Australasia by PolyGram. Made in Australia
All songs recorded, mixed and produced at Sing Sing Studios, Melbourne, Australia except The Day You Come recorded at Sing Sing.
Whatever You Say recorded at Sunshine Studios, Brisbane.
All tracks mastered at Studios 301.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 731455 920123
- Barcode (Scanned): 0731455920123
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): IFPI L281 - MADE BY PMI * 559201-2 * #01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L281
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 4601
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): IFPI L283 MADE BY PMI * 559201-2 * #06
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L283
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 4609
|547 795-2, 5477952||Powderfinger||Internationalist (2xCD, Album)||Grudge, Grudge||547 795-2, 5477952||Australia||1999|
|6735993||Powderfinger||Internationalist (LP, Album)||Polydor||6735993||Australia||2018|
|UICO-1018||Powderfinger||Internationalist (CD, Album, Enh)||Polydor||UICO-1018||Japan||2001|
|UICO-1018||Powderfinger||Internationalist (CD, Album, Enh, Promo)||Polydor||UICO-1018||Japan||2001|
|6758857||Powderfinger||Internationalist (2xCD, Album, RE)||Universal||6758857||Australasia||2018|