Ferraby Lionheart - Catch The Brass Ring album
Singer/songwriter Ferraby Lionheart's debut album Catch the Brass Ring is an earthy and melodic collection of folky Baroque pop. Showcasing Lionheart's sweetly yearning vocals and quirkily imagistic lyrics, the album is a heartfelt mix of intimate piano and guitar driven pieces that often grow into larger moments punctuated by deft horn and string arrangements. In that sense, Lionheart will most surely draw favorable comparisons to such iconic '60s artists as the Beatles, Harry Nilsson and Brian Wilson
A Bell and Tumble, 04:18. Before We're Dead, 03:56.
Catch the Brass Ring is the debut album from Los Angeles, California based singer-songwriter Ferraby Lionheart. It was released on September 4, 2007 by Nettwerk Records. The album was recorded at Red Rockets Glare and Hotpie Studios in Los Angeles.
But Ferraby Lionheart is, I'm relieved to report, actually very talented. This, his debut, following a home-recorded EP two years ago, is grown up enough to avoid the tweeness trap that seems to hamper many of his peers. As comparisons are odious we won't resort to saying that he sounds not unlike Sufjan Stevens rubbing elbows with Beck (in his acoustic mode), but with a healthy dose of '70s songcraft. Ferraby’s voice is not unlike the flattened louche delivery of Rufus Wainwright (whose lush arrangements are another touchstone here), and like him this wears on the ears a little over the course of a whole album. To be honest, catch the Brass Ring is as stylistically indecisive enough to raise interest but not to give you a real sense of what the future holds. Luckily he's got a suitcase full of lovely tunes and as long as he keeps working on 'em he's got a real chance at staying the distance.
Album Catch the Brass Ring. Vermont Avenue Lyrics. Needles in the sun echo, fall into the street we know One stop away from you on this train we follow. We don't have a dime between us We can make a meal from dust Everybody works some day but we'll beg and borrow One stop away from you on this train we follow. Vermont Avenue" Track Info. Catch the Brass Ring Ferraby Lionheart.
|1||Un Ballo Della Luna||1:47|
|4||Call Me The Sea||4:50|
|5||The Car Maker||4:05|
|6||A Bell And Tumble||4:18|
|7||Under The Texas Sky||3:04|
|9||Before We're Dead||3:57|
|10||The Octopus And The Ambulance||4:08|
|11||Put Me In Your Play||4:17|
- Recorded At – Red Rockets Glare
- Recorded At – Hot Pie Studios
- Mastered At – Peerless Mastering
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Nettwerk Productions
- Copyright (c) – Nettwerk Productions
- Published By – Lights And Buttons
- Marketed By – Nettwerk Records LLC
- Marketed By – Nettwerk Productions Ltd.
- Made By – Sonopress Arvato, USA – GE60401
- Bass [Upright] – Laura Steenberge
- Bass Drum – Rafi Benjamin
- Brass – I Timothy
- Cello – Maksim Velichkin
- Drums – Michael Green*
- Guitar, Vocals, Piano, Percussion, Glockenspiel, Melodica, Written-By – Ferraby Lionheart
- Mandolin – Ben Fordham
- Mastered By – Jeff Lipton
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Frankie Palmer
- Pedal Steel Guitar, Glockenspiel – Raymond Richards
- Sousaphone – Dan Weinstein
- Trombone – Joe Tepperman
- Trumpet – Andrew Duncan
- Trumpet [La Tromba] – Ben Adamson
- Viola – Jeanie Lim
- Violin – Eric Wuest
Notes℗ © 2007 Nettwerk Productions.
USA: Manufactured and marketed by Nettwerk Records LLC, Hollywood.
Canada Manufactured and marketed by Nettwerk Productions Ltd, Vancouver.
Made in the USA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 6700-30706-2 1
- Matrix / Runout: 1NRK130706 [Sonopress Arvato logo] + + GE60401
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L028
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1011
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|5 037703 070622||Ferraby Lionheart||Catch The Brass Ring (CD, Album)||Nettwerk||5 037703 070622||Europe||2008|