Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell album
Love Is Hell is the fifth studio album by alternative country artist Ryan Adams, released on May 4, 2004. The album was originally released as two EPs, Love Is Hell pt. 1 and Love Is Hell pt. 2, at the insistence of Lost Highway, who deemed that the album was not commercially viable. A full-length version of the album was released when the EPs proved to be more of a commercial success than anticipated.
Listen free to Ryan Adams – Love Is Hell (Political Scientist, Afraid Not Scared and more). Love Is Hell' is the fifth studio album by Ryan Adams, released on May 4, 2004. A full length version of the album was released when the EPs proved to be more of a commercial success than anticipated. Adams describes the album as sounding: "a lot like Heartbreaker, but better and more severe.
Producer, Vocals – Ryan Adams. Recorded By – Tom Schitck. Recorded By, Mixed By – Joe McGrath. Violin – Ruth Gottlieb (tracks: 6 to 10, 13, 15). Notes. Track 6 originally performed by Oasis (2). New York Band (Tracks 2 - 5, 12, 14) Paul Garisto, Johnny Pisano, Joe McGinty, Johnny McNabb. New Orleans Band (Tracks 6 - 9) Greg Leisz, Ricky Fataar, Hutch Hutchison, Ian McLagen (B3, Wurlitzer), Jon Cleary (Piano, Wurlitzer, Guitar), Ruth Gottlieb, Sarah Wilson. Love Is Hell (CD, Album).
Like any Ryan Adams album, Love Is Hell comes with a back-story, one that is carefully calculated to construct the enfant terrible's self-myth
Nom du groupe Ryan Adams. Nom de l'album Love Is Hell. Date de parution 2004. 1. Political Scientist. 2. Afraid Not Scared. 3. This House Is Not for Sale. 4. Anybody Wanna Take Me Home.
Album Love Is Hell, Part 1 - EP. Love Is Hell Lyrics. Love is Hell Love is Hell Love is Hell. It's raining I can see it outside Funny, I'm still in it Just sitting here with Jonny and Raph Oh, till the room starts spinning. Love Is Hell, Part 1 - EP Ryan Adams.
Ryan Adams' albums have run the spectrum of music to date. He's shown a breath of vocal, lyrical, and musical talent but the quality has been spotty at times. Love is Hell" is his best album yet. A solid 5 out of 5 that any music lover can find enjoyment in. At times blues, at times rock, at times country, always hauntingly beautiful. Anybody take me home", " English Girls", and "Chelesa Nights" are standouts and his cover of Oasis' "Wonderwall" is amazing.
I just dig the sound of this record. silky and liquid sounding. captain54, Work In Progress, Advice Requested, Show and Tell, Artist Showcase, Mix-Offs.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-2||Afraid Not Scared||4:13|
|1-3||This House Is Not For Sale||3:54|
|1-4||Anybody Wanna Take Me Home||5:32|
|1-5||Love Is Hell||3:19|
Written-By – Noel Gallagher
|1-10||My Blue Manhattan
Bass – Hutch HutchinsonCello – Sarah WilsonGuitar – Greg LeiszOrgan [B3, Wurlitzer] – Ian McLagen*Piano – Ryan AdamsViolin – Ruth Gottlieb
|1-11||Please Do Not Let Me Go
Bass – Hutch HutchinsonGuitar – Greg Leisz, Ryan Adams
|1-12||City Rain, City Streets
Bass – Johnny Pisano*Drums – Paul GaristoGuitar – Johnny McNabbPiano – Joe McGinty
|1-13||I See Monsters
Cello – Sarah WilsonGuitar – Greg Leisz, Ryan AdamsViolin – Ruth Gottlieb
|1-14||English Girls Approximately
Backing Vocals – Marianne FaithfullBass – Johnny Pisano*Drums – Paul GaristoGuitar – Johnny McNabbPiano – Joe McGinty
|1-15||Thank You Louise
Cello – Sarah WilsonGuitar – Greg Leisz, Ryan AdamsPiano, Organ [Wurlitzer], Guitar – Jon ClearyViolin – Ruth Gottlieb
|1-16||Hotel Chelsea Nights
Backing Vocals – Debra Parson, Julie DelgadoBass – Hutch HutchinsonDrums – Ricky FataarGuitar – Greg Leisz, Ryan AdamsPiano, Organ [Wurlitzer], Guitar – Jon Cleary
Bass – Johnny Pisano*Drums – Fabrizio Moretti, Paul Garist*Guitar – Johnny McNabbGuitar, Piano, Instruments [Etc.] – Ryan AdamsPiano – Bou(That Runs Globe)*Synthesizer – Joe McGinty
Bass – Johnny Pisano*Drums – Paul Garist*Guitar – Johnny McNabbGuitar, Piano, Instruments [Etc.] – Ryan AdamsNoises [Propellor Blades] – Michael SticcaSynthesizer – Joe McGintyVocals – Leona NaessVoice [Telephone Message] – Unknown Artist
|2-3||Fuck The Universe||7:29|
|2-4||Twice As Bad As Love||4:15|
Acoustic Guitar – Greg Leisz, Ryan Adams
Acoustic Guitar – Ryan AdamsBass – Hutch HutchinsonDrums – Ricky FataarGuitar – Greg Leisz
Bass – Hutch HutchinsonGuitar, Piano, Drums – Ryan Adams
- Marketed By – Universal Music K.K.
- Recorded At – Piety Street Recording
- Recorded At – Cello Studios
- Recorded At – Globe Studios
- Mixed At – Cello Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Distributed By – Universal Music K.K.
- Record Company – Universal International
- Art Direction [Creative Direction] – Rick Patrick
- Bass – Hutch Hutchinson (tracks: 1-6 to 1-8), Johnny Pisano* (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5)
- Cello – Sarah Wilson (tracks: 1-6 to 1-8)
- Design – Andy West
- Drums – Paul Garisto (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5), Ricky Fataar (tracks: 1-6 to 1-8)
- Guitar – Greg Leisz (tracks: 1-6 to 1-8), Johnny McNabb (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5)
- Management – SAM*
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen
- Mixed By – Joe McGrath, John Porter
- Organ [B3, Wurlitzer] – Ian McLagen* (tracks: 1-6 to 1-8)
- Other [Booking Information] – Frank Riley/High Road Touring
- Photography By [City Photographs (Pg.2 & Pgs.8/9)] – Bob Gruen
- Photography By [Couch Photograph] – Andy West
- Photography By [Cover Photograph] – Ryan Adams
- Photography By [Snowglobe Photograph] – Erik Dreyer
- Piano – Joe McGinty (tracks: 1-2 to 1-5)
- Piano, Organ [Wurlitzer], Guitar – Jon Cleary (tracks: 1-6 to 1-8)
- Producer – John Porter, Ryan Adams
- Recorded By – Joe McGrath, Tom Schitck*
- Technician [Recording Administrator] – Dawn Nepp/Haber Corporation*
- Violin – Ruth Gottlieb (tracks: 1-6 to 1-8)
- Written-By – Ryan Adams (tracks: 1-1 to 1-5, 1-7 to 2-7)
Notes2007 Japanese limited edition with bonus disc. Includes OBI-strip and additional Japanese lyric booklet.
Recorded @ Piety Street Studios (New Orleans, LA) & Cello Studios (Hollywood, CA) and @ Globe Studios (New York, NY)
Mixed at Cello Studios (Hollywood, CA)
Mastered at Sterling Sound (NYC)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 988005 475015
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): UICM-1045 1W V
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): UICM-1046 1W V
- Mastering SID Code (CD1 & CD2): IFPI L244
- Mould SID Code (CD1 & CD2): IFPI 4011
|B0001702-02||Ryan Adams||Love Is Hell (CD, Album)||Lost Highway||B0001702-02||US||2004|
|B0001702-01||Ryan Adams||Love Is Hell Pts.1&2 (2x10", Album)||Lost Highway||B0001702-01||US||2003|
|UICY-15404/5||Ryan Adams||Love Is Hell (2xCD, Album, RE)||Lost Highway||UICY-15404/5||Japan||2015|
|986 232-5||Ryan Adams||Love Is Hell (CD, Album)||Lost Highway||986 232-5||Australia||2004|
|none||Ryan Adams||Love Is Hell (16xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||Lost Highway||none||2004|