Miles Davis All Stars - Walkin' album
Walkin' (PRLP 7076) is a Miles Davis compilation album released in 1957 by Prestige Records. The album compiles material previously released on two 10 inch LPs in 1954, along with one previously unreleased tune. Both sessions were recorded at Rudy Van Gelder's home studio.
Featuring – The Miles Davis Quintet (tracks: 3 to 5), The Miles Davis Sextet (tracks: 1, 2). Liner Notes – Ira Gitler. Piano – Horace Silver. Producer – Bob Weinstock. Recorded By – Rudy Van Gelder. Tenor Saxophone – Lucky Thompson (tracks: 1, 2). Trombone – . Johnson (tracks: 1, 2). Trumpet – Miles Davis. Walkin' (CD, Album, RE). Prestige, Original Jazz Classics. D 29136, OJCCD-213-2. Australia & New Zealand. Walkin' (CD, Album, RE, Pap).
Love Me Or Leave Me. 7:00. Remastered At – Fantasy Studios.
com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking.
Walkin', now considered one of the earliest essential albums in the Miles Davis canon, comprises two classic 1954 sessions: one with a quintet; the other a sextet. The influential sextet session, featuring trombonist . This album is a high-resolution digital transfer of material originating from an analogue recording.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Richard Carpenter
|B||Blue 'N' Boogie
Written-By – Gillespie*, Paparelli*
Written-By – Miles Davis
|C2||You Don't Know What Love Is
Written-By – Raye*, DePaul*
|D||Love Me Or Leave Me
Written-By – Kahn*, Donaldson*
- Licensed From – Fantasy, Inc.
- Pressed By – Record Technology Incorporated
- Mastered At – AcousTech Mastering
- Alto Saxophone – Davey Schildkraut (tracks: C1, C2, D)
- Bass – Percy Heath
- Drums – Kenny Clarke
- Featuring – The Miles Davis Quintet (tracks: C1, C2, D), The Miles Davis Sextet (tracks: A, B)
- Liner Notes – Ira Gitler
- Mastered By – Kevin Gray, Steve Hoffman
- Piano – Horace Silver
- Recorded By – Van Gelder*
- Supervised By [Supervision] – Bob Weinstock
- Tenor Saxophone – Lucky Thompson (tracks: A, B)
- Trombone – Jay Jay Johnson* (tracks: A, B)
- Trumpet – Miles Davis
NotesTracks A & B recorded April 29, 1954
Tracks C1,C2 & D recorded April 3, 1954
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): AJAZ-7076- -A 12520.1 [Signature]
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): AJAZ-7076- -B 12520.2 [Signature]
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, etched): AJAZ-7076- -C 12520.3 [Signature]
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, etched): AJAZ-7076- -D 12520.4 [Signature]
|PRLP 7076||Miles Davis All Stars||Walkin' (LP, Album, Comp, Mono)||Prestige||PRLP 7076||US||1957|
|D 29136, OJCCD-213-2||Miles Davis All Stars||Walkin' (CD, Album, RE)||Prestige, Original Jazz Classics||D 29136, OJCCD-213-2||Australia & New Zealand||1994|
|UCCO-9225||Miles Davis All Stars||Walkin' (CD, Album, RE, Pap)||Prestige||UCCO-9225||Japan||2008|
|VICJ-41506, 7076||Miles Davis All Stars = マイルス・デイヴィス*||Miles Davis All Stars = マイルス・デイヴィス* - Walkin' = ウォーキン (CD, Album, Mono, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap)||Prestige, Prestige||VICJ-41506, 7076||Japan||2006|
|UCCO-5276||Miles Davis All Stars||Walkin' (CD, Album, RE, RM, SHM)||Prestige||UCCO-5276||Japan||2014|