John Hiatt - Riding With The King album
Riding with the King was singer-songwriter John Hiatt's sixth album, released in 1983. It was his second of three albums with Geffen Records. The second side of the album was produced by Nick Lowe at Eden Studios in London with a group of crack pub rock musicians backing Hiatt.
Neither idea made much of a dent in the marketplace, and by the time Hiatt cut his second album for Geffen, Riding with the King, someone had come to the reasonable conclusion that Hiatt was a roots-rocker at heart - but what kind of roots-rocker? Side one of Riding with the King was produced by Ron Nagel and Scott Mathews of the Durocs, with Hiatt singing and playing guitar and Mathews handling everything else; the results have a thick, glossy retro-pop sound with a vague '50s undercurrent, complete with twinkly keyboards and honking saxophones.
Engineer – Neil King (tracks: B1 to B6). Guitar – John Hiatt, Martin Belmont (tracks: B1 to B6). Keyboards, Backing Vocals – Paul Carrack (tracks: B1 to B6). Mixed By – Ron Nagle (tracks: A1 to A6), Scott Matthews (tracks: A1 to A6).
Riding with the King. Produced by Glyn Johns. Album Riding With the King. Riding with the King Lyrics. I dreamed I did a good job and I got well paid Blew it all at the penny arcade A hundred dollars on a kewpie doll I guess no white chick is gonna make me crawl. A red cape and shiny cold 45 I never saw his face but I saw the light Tonight everybody's getting their angel wings Don't you know we're riding with the king? Well I stepped out of a mirror at ten years old With a suit cut sharp, as a razor and a heart of gold I had a guitar hanging just about waist high I'm gonna play that thing until the day I die. More on Genius. About Riding with the King.
john hiatt riding with the king. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). John Hiatt Riding With The King. John Hiatt Riding With The King (Album Version) (Album Version). I always kind of look at 'Riding with the King' as the first album where I really put it altogether. I finally figured out what I was all about and found three or four styles I liked to work in", Hiatt observed about the album this is his best album because the songs are so much his catchiest and pithiest. Most of them reflect smashed hopes.
|A1||I Don't Even Try||3:25|
|A2||Death By Misadventure||3:29|
|A3||Girl On A String||3:12|
|A5||She Loves The Jerk||3:39|
|A6||Say It With Flowers||3:06|
|B1||Riding With The King||4:18|
|B2||You May Already Be A Winner||3:33|
|B3||Love Like Blood||3:49|
|B4||The Love That Harms||2:49|
- Pressed By – CBS, Haarlem
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Nick Lowe (tracks: B1 o B6)
- Design [Sleeve] – Phil Smee
- Drums – Bobby Irwin (tracks: B1 to B6)
- Drums, Bass, Keyboards, Saxophone, Slide Guitar, Backing Vocals – Scott Matthews* (tracks: A1 to A6)
- Engineer – Neil King* (tracks: B1 to B6)
- Guitar – John Hiatt, Martin Belmont (tracks: B1 to B6)
- Keyboards, Backing Vocals – Paul Carrack (tracks: B1 to B6)
- Mixed By – Ron Nagle (tracks: A1 to A6), Scott Matthews* (tracks: A1 to A6)
- Photography By – Brian Griffin
- Producer – Nick Lowe (tracks: B1 to B6), Ron Nagle (tracks: A1 to A6), Scott Matthews* (tracks: A1 to A6)
NotesMade in Holland
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code: LC 7266
- Matrix / Runout (runout side A, stamped): NL 01-25593-1A-1 A
- Matrix / Runout (runout side B, stamped): NL 01-25593-1B-1 A
- Other (Distribution Code): CB 271
- Other (Price Code): 57
|GHS 4017||John Hiatt||Riding With The King (LP, Album)||Geffen Records||GHS 4017||US||1983|
|GEFBD 4017||John Hiatt||Riding With The King (CD, Album, RE)||Geffen Records||GEFBD 4017||US||1989|
|7599-24017-2||John Hiatt||Riding With The King (CD, Album, RE)||Geffen Records||7599-24017-2||Germany||Unknown|
|GHS 4017||John Hiatt||Riding With The King (LP, Album, Win)||Geffen Records||GHS 4017||US||1983|
|9 4017-2||John Hiatt||Riding With The King (CD, Album, RE)||Geffen Records||9 4017-2||US||1989|