Fink - Perfect Darkness album
Produced by Fink & Billy Bush. Album Perfect Darkness. Perfect Darkness Lyrics. Keep those brown eyes wide open for For this moment we own for now And everything we gonna do we do it See the black clouds fall out of fear Feel it rise up in perfect darkness Perfect darkness is all I can see. Deep water, stay under See it rolling over your head and just roll with it Until it's all good yeah Deep water a little deeper then you thought Feel it going over the edge and just go with it Until it's all good yeah.
02. Fear Is Like Fire. Fink is managed exclusively by Sumit Bothra for Embargo Management. Contains download coupon for the free MP3 download of the entire album. p+c 2014 Ninja Tune under exclusive license to Nopaper Records.
Perfect Darkness is the fifth album from British musician Fink, and the fourth to be recorded with his self-titled band. It was released in 2011 on Ninja Tune. On the concept of the album: "With Fink we do sing about relationships and love and emotions – but we also sing about other stuff: embracing fear, Berlin dawns, looking forward.
Album Name Perfect Darkness.
On Perfect Darkness, Fink sticks to the excellent template he developed around 2006, and in its best moments, the record offers sounds on par with anything off his previous two records: the same taut folky guitar, the same delicate grooves, and the same quiet, reserved vocals all rolled into one laconic, low-key package. It's not really as dark as he says, but instead, it's perfect introspection music, sort of like Early Day Miners covering Recoil's bluesy electronica gem, or SubHuman, only using even fewer notes than usual, with two or three sparse textures at most, other than.
Fin Greenall, known professionally as Fink, is an English singer, songwriter, guitarist, producer, and DJ born in Cornwall and currently based in Berlin and London. From 1997–2003 he focused on electronic music and DJ'd internationally, releasing in 2000 his debut album Fresh Produce on Ninja Tune.
Album: Perfect Darkness. Bonus CD: 01 – Perfect Darkness (Acoustic) 02 – Fear Is Like Fire (Acoustic) 03 – Warm Shadow (Acoustic) 04 – Honesty (Acoustic). Bonus CD: HITFILE: DOWNLOAD.
Perfect Darkness is the new album by Fink. Recorded in Los Angeles in 20 super-creative days with producer Billy Bush, formerly engineer with Butch Vig (Nirvana, Garbage), it brims with one-take wonders and naturalistic, hand-on-heart, head-in-hands, head-in-the-clouds songs. It's a 'singer-songwriter' album that manages to encompass DJ Shadow and Nick Drake; that is marinated in blues, jazz and soul; that's sung by Greenall in a voice that has a relaxed, textured, woody heft. Artist Site Released: July 19, 2011 ON Ninja Tune. Tags: Alternative Singer-Songwriter.
|2||Fear Is Like Fire||3:58|
|3||Yesterday Was Hard On All Of Us||4:55|
|7||Save It For Somebody Else||3:49|
|9||Foot In The Door||5:03|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ninja Tune
- Copyright (c) – Ninja Tune
- Published By – Just Isn't Music
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Recorded At – Steakhouse Studios
- Recorded At – 7Dials
- Mixed At – Red Razor Sounds
- Mastered At – The Lodge, New York
- Pressed By – TAKT – 2100003076946
- Arranged By [Strings], Strings – Matt Kelly* (tracks: 1)
- Design – Alli Metall, Jónas Valtýsson
- Drums, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Tim Thornton
- Electric Bass, Acoustic Bass – Guy Whittaker
- Keyboards [Electric] – Shane Beales (tracks: 9)
- Management – Sumit Bothra
- Management [For] – Embargo Management
- Mastered By – Emily Lazar, Joe LaPorta
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Veela M.
- Photography By – Marino Thorlacius
- Photography By [Fin At Lido, Berlin] – Natalie Guicking
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Billy Bush
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Jun Park, Ken Eisennagel
- Technician [Drum Tech] – Mike Fasano
- Trombone – Michael Flury (tracks: 7)
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Effects [Fx] – Fin Greenall
- Written-By – B. Mackichan* (tracks: 4), F. Greenall*, Fink, G. Whittaker*, M. Kelly* (tracks: 1), M. Flury* (tracks: 7), T. Thornton*
Notes20-page digibook with lyrics, credits and illustrations / photographs.
All tracks published by Just Isn't Music Ltd (PRS) except:
1 & 7 Just Isn't Music Ltd (PRS) & Copyright Control;
4 Just Isn't Music Ltd (PRS) & Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
Recorded at Steakhouse Studio, North Hollywood, CA.
November 22 - December 9, 2010.
Additional recording at 7Dials, Brighton, UK.
Mixed at Red Razor Sounds, Atwater Village, CA.
Mastered at The Lodge, NYC.
℗&© Ninja Tune 2011
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text / scanned): 5021392657127
- Label Code: LC-12885
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 2100003076946 ZENCD170
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 9R96
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 2100003076946 ZENCD170
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI UU015
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): 2100003076946 ZENCD170
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 9R97
|ZEN170||Fink||Perfect Darkness (LP, Album, Ltd)||Ninja Tune||ZEN170||UK & Europe||2011|
|ZENCD170P||Fink||Perfect Darkness (CD, Album, Promo)||Ninja Tune||ZENCD170P||UK||2011|
|(none), R48||Fink||Perfect Darkness (CD, Album, Boo)||Ninja Tune, No Paper Records||(none), R48||Poland||2014|
|(none)||Fink||Perfect Darkness Instrumentals (CDr, Album, Promo)||Ninja Tune||(none)||UK||2011|
|ZENCD170||Fink||Perfect Darkness (CD, Album, Ltd, Exc + File, MP3, 320)||Ninja Tune||ZENCD170||UK||2011|