Erik Friedlander - Quake album
Quake is a 2003 album by cellist Erik Friedlander which was released on the Cryptogramophone label featuring the quartet that previously appeared on Topaz.
TOPAZ is Erik Friedlander, Andy Laster, Stomu Takeishi & Satoshi Takeishi. Recorded January 15 & 16, 2002 in New York, NY Cover photograph: Vein by Troy Klebey.
On this page you can listen to mp3 music free or download album or mp3 track to your PC, phone or tablet. Release title: Erik Friedlander - Quake. Photo of Erik Friedlander - Quake. More albums of Erik Friedlander: Prowl. This album was released on the label Cryptogramophone (catalog number CG118). This album was released in 2003 year.
Erik Friedlander: Quake by Elliott Simon, published on June 25, 2003. Cellist Erik Friedlander has reconvened his unique Topaz quartet with Quake the eclectic result. Stomu and Satoshi Takeishi on fretless electric bass and percussion, respectively, join Andy Laster on alto sax to reprise the same core lineup that has produced two previous strong efforts. Quake picks up and continues these explorations into a heady mix of avant-garde jazz and mid Eastern rhythms blended with a modern classical feel. While cello and alto may seem an unlikely pairing, Friedlander and Laster expose the commonalities of their instruments and their interplay is a session highlight
09 - Erik Friedlander - Glass Bell. 10 - Erik Friedlander - Biscuits. 11 - Erik Friedlander - Aap Ki. 12 - Erik Friedlander - Fig. Archive content. Erik Friedlander - Quake/ - . 0. Erik Friedlander - Quake/09 - Erik Friedlander - Glass Bell.
Release Date: 2006-01-01. 11. Aap Ki. Erik Friedlander. 12. Fig.
Quake is a 2003 album by cellist Erik Friedlander which was released on the Cryptogramophone label featuring the quartet that previously appeared on Topaz. 1 Reception Andrew Lindemann Malone stated in JazzTimes that "Erik Friedlander, however, has shown throughout his career that the personality of a cello is determined more than anything else by the personality of its cellist, and his new album as a leader, Quake, proves that even when surrounded by strong, imaginative personalities, his cello is anything but reticent&quo.
- Published By – Arconomics
- Published By – Aasan Music Co.
- Published By – GRAMCO Music Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Cryptogramophone
- Copyright (c) – Cryptogramophone
- Recorded At – Context Studios
- Alto Saxophone – Andy Laster
- Bass Guitar – Stomu Takeishi
- Cello, Producer, Edited By – Erik Friedlander
- Composed By – Erik Friedlander (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 10, 12), Googoosh (tracks: 4), Lata Mangeshkar (tracks: 11)
- Design [Cover] – Alex Cline
- Engineer – Danny Littwin
- Executive-Producer – Jeff Gauthier
- Mixed By, Mastered By, Edited By – Rich Breen
- Percussion – Satoshi Takeishi
- Photography By [Back] – Patti Perrin
- Photography By [Cover] – Troy Klebey
- Photography By [Inside] – Lee A. Melen
NotesCD housed in a Digipak.
TOPAZ is Erik Friedlander, Andy Laster, Stomu Takeishi & Satoshi Takeishi
Recorded January 15 & 16, 2002 in New York, NY
Cover photograph: “Vein” by Troy Klebey
All compositions by Erik Friedlander, Arconomics (ASCAP)
except “Gol Kham” by Googoosh, Aasan Music (ASCAP)
and “Aap Ki Nazaron Ne Samja” by Lata Mangeshkar, Gramco Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Barcode: 6 71860 01182 8
- Matrix / Runout: A1 *ID* CG118 B
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L433
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 7495