Saint Etienne - Good Humor album
Good Humor is the fourth studio album by English alternative dance band Saint Etienne. It was released on 3 May 1998 by Creation Records. The American spelling "humor" is used in the title as the band were, according to Sarah Cracknell, "fed up with the 'quintessentially English' tag, so there was a bit of a backlash against that. The album was a departure for the group, who had been associated with the indie dance genre.
Good Humor: All Songs Written by ggs (Momentum Music/Warner Chappell/Warner Chappell). Rights Society: BIEM. Matrix, Runout (Good Humor): wea mfg. OLYPHANT X4810 IR SP 435-2-01 M1S2. Mould SID Code (Good Humor): IFPI 2U7F. Matrix, Runout (Fairfax High): wea mfg. OLYPHANT W3688 IR SP 435X-2.
Nom du groupe Saint Etienne. Nom de l'album Good Humor. Date de parution 1998. Labels Sub Pop Records Creation Records. Style MusicalBritpop. Membres possèdant cet album0.
This album has an average beat per minute of 124 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 98/166 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Good Humor. BPM Profile Good Humor. Album starts at BPM, ends at 110BPM (+110), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Saint Etienne. Words and Music by Saint Etienne. Tales From Turnpike House.
Album by Saint Etienne.
Good Humor has Saint Etienne back cooking up more delectable lolli-pop. From "Woodcabin," the dubby, bass-heavy opener, Good Humor is a typically arch Saint Etienne album full of easy-listening dream pop. Tracks like the shimmering "Lose That Girl" and the swirling "Erica America" show Saint Etienne at its melancholic best. There are, predictably, some near misses such as the Beatlesque "Mr. Donut," which is as sweet as a strawberry field but fails to deliver the melodic promises made by the smart atmospherics.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Piano [Piano Embellishments] – Mats Larsson
|6||Lose That Girl||4:03|
|7||The Bad Photographer||4:14|
|8||Been So Long||3:33|
- Backing Vocals – Debsey*
- Design – Phantom Industries
- Drums – Rasmus Kihlberg
- Guitar – Jez Williams
- Liner Notes – Douglas Coupland
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Hamish Brown
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Paul Kelly
- Piano, Vibraphone, Keyboards – Gerard Johnson
- Producer [Pre-production] – Gerard Johnson, Ian Catt
- Producer, Bass, Arranged By [String Arrangements], Harmonica, Performer [Klangspiel] – Tore Johansson
- Saxophone – Sven Andersson
- Synthesizer, Performer [Rapmaster 2000, Esquilax] – Bob Stanley
- Synthesizer, Performer [Tube Rotosphere, Zipper] – Pete Wiggs
- Trombone – Jens Lindgard*
- Trumpet – Petter Lidgard*
- Vocals, Cowbell, Performer [Flying A] – Sarah Cracknell
- Written By – Cracknell/Stanley/Wiggs
- Written-By – Stanley*, Wiggs*, Cracknell*
NotesAll tracks produced at Tambourine Studios, Malmo.
℗ & © 1998 Creation Records Ltd.
Made in Austria
Issued in a 6-panel Digipack with a 16 page booklet.
Some copies came with a bonus 1-track CD.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099748 956125
- Other (Additional reference on artwork, booklet and disc): 01-489561-10
- Rights Society: SACEM / BIEM
- Label Code: LC 6306
- Matrix / Runout: S0148956110-0101 11 A7 Sony Music
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L551
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 943B
|CRECD 225||Saint Etienne||Good Humor (CD, Album)||Creation Records||CRECD 225||UK||1998|
|HVNLP71CDSE||Saint Etienne||Good Humor (CD, Album, RE + CD, Comp + Dlx, RM)||Heavenly||HVNLP71CDSE||UK & Europe||2017|
|HVNLP71CDDE, 2750181||Saint Etienne||Good Humor (CD, Album, RE + CD, Comp + Dlx, RM)||Heavenly, Universal UMC||HVNLP71CDDE, 2750181||UK & Europe||2010|
|TOCP-50411||Saint Etienne||Good Humor (CD, Album, Promo)||InsideOut||TOCP-50411||Japan||1998|
|CRELP225, CRE 290X||Saint Etienne||Good Humor (LP, Album + 10" + Ltd)||Creation Records, Creation Records||CRELP225, CRE 290X||UK||1998|