William Sterndale Bennett - Piano Concerto No. 4 In F Minor / Fantasia In A, Op 16 / Symphony In G Minor album
Piano Concerto No. 4 In F Minor. A1. Allegro Con Maesta. A2. Barcarole: Adante Cantabile. B1. Allegro Con Brio. William Sterndale Bennett. Piano Concerto No. 4 In F Minor, Fantasia In A, Op 16, Symphony In G Minor (CD, Comp). Milton Keynes Music Series.
Sir William Sterndale Bennett (13 April 1816 1 February 1875) was an English composer, pianist, conductor and music educator. Bennett clearly has a considerable melodic gift and no difficulty in marshalling large scale forces. The issue for the modern listener, I feel, is whether Bennett is merely a follower of Mendelsohn or a true individual composer with his own identity.
Sir William Sterndale Bennett - Piano Concertos Nos 1-3 - Howard Shelley, BBC SSO. Beach, Chaminade & Howell-Piano Concertos-Danny Driver (piano), BBC SSO & Rebecca Miller. Rheinberger & Scholz: Piano Concertos - Simon Callaghan, BBC SSO, Ben Gernon. Dvořák - Symphony No. 1 in C minor, B. 9. Anton Bruckner -Symphony No 7-BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Donald Runnicles (conductor). L. v. Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major, Op. 15 (Live). Piano Concerto N. In G Minor Fantasia, O. 3 128kbps. BBC Scottish Symphony. Instrumental English. In C Minor, O. 3 Movement 2 Theme And Variations 128kbps. View more songs of BBC Scottish Symphony. Related songs of Piano Concerto N. 3 Movement 1 Allegro.
Both Sterndale Bennett's Symphony in G Minor (called "No. 5" in some sources, but not here) and Potter's Symphony No. 7 in F are touted by Classico as "world premiere recordings. This is true, so don't be confused by an earlier release on the defunct Unicorn-Kanchana label of a G minor symphony belonging to Bennett, as that was a different work dating from the mid-1830s; this one was written in the mid-1860s.
London Philharmonic Orchestra - William Sterndale Bennett: Piano Concertos No. 1 & 3, 2007. 3 in C Minor, Op. 9: II. Romanza - Andante espressivo 07:06. 1 in D Minor, Op. 1: II. Andante sostenuto 07:42. 9: III. Allegro agitato 07:32. 9: I. Allegro moderato 13:34. 1: I. Allegro con brio 12:04. 1: III. Finale: Presto-Scherzo 04:23. Bennett: Piano Concerto, Five Studies for Piano, Capriccio for Piano Duet, Commedia IV, 2007. Richard Rodney Bennett, London Symphony Orchestra, Stephen Kovacevich, Sir Alexander Gibson, Alexander Gibson - Piano Concerto: I. Moderato 08:35.
48, Bortkiewicz: Piano Concerto no. 1, op. 16 Антон Степанович Аренский. The Romantic Piano Concerto, Volume 4: Arensky: Piano Concerto in F minor, op. 2, Fantasia on Russian Folksongs, op. 48, Bortkiewicz: Piano Concerto no. 16. 1993. This album has an average beat per minute of BPM (slowest/fastest tempos:, BPM). The Romantic Violin Concerto, Volume 7: Arensky: Violin Concerto in A minor, op. 54, Taneyev: Suite de concert, op. 28.
|Piano Concerto No. 4 In F Minor||(28:47)|
|1||Allegro Con Maesta||12:27|
|2||Barcarole: Adante Cantabile||8:32|
|Fantasia In A, Op.16||(21:16)|
|4||Moderato Con Grazia||6:58|
|5||Scherzo - Presto||5:31|
|6||Canzonetta - Andantino||2:48|
|Symphony In G Minor||(21:31)|
|8||Allegro Con Brio||8:33|
|9||Scherzo: Allegro Vivo||3:28|
|10||Andante Con Moto||5:41|
|11||Finale: Presto Con Fuoco||3:49|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Gray Associates
- Copyright (c) – Gray Associates
- Recorded By – Trygg Recordings
- Recorded At – Stantonbury Theatre, Milton Keynes
- Recorded At – University Of East Anglia
- Co-producer [Produced In Association With] – Milton Keynes Development Corporation
- Composed By – William Sterndale Bennett
- Conductor – Hilary Davan Wetton (tracks: 1 to 3, 8 to 11)
- Design – The Creative Company, Milton Keynes*
- Engineer – Marian Freeman, Trygg Tryggvason*
- Leader – Diana Cummings (tracks: 1 to 3, 8 to 11)
- Liner Notes – David Byers
- Orchestra – Milton Keynes Chamber Orchestra*
- Piano – Malcolm Binns (tracks: 1 to 4)
- Producer – Martin Compton
Notes8-page liner booklet with notes in English only
Liner notes © David Byers 1988
This compilation ℗ 1988 Gray Associates (on CD label)
- Full track listing and performer credits
- Total playing time 71:34
- Recorded on location at: Stantonbury Theatre, Milton Keynes, England on 28th September 1986 and Department of Music, University of East Anglia, Norwich, England on 14th December 1987 by Trygg Recordings.
- ® 1988 Gray Associates
- © 1988 Gray Associates
- Made in England
- Produced in association with Milton Keynes Development Corporation, Saxon Court, Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: S MKM 861 D 02
|MKM 861||William Sterndale Bennett||Piano Concerto In F Minor - Symphony In G Minor (LP, Album)||Milton Keynes Music Series||MKM 861||UK||1986|